APPLICATION OF THIS POLICY
1. This Policy applies to personal data collected, used, disclosed, stored and/or processed by us in Singapore.
2. Unless individuals opt-out in accordance with the procedure set forth in this Policy, we may share the personal data that we collect from you with our affiliates and subsidiaries as permitted under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and other applicable law. Such personal data may also, subject to the PDPA and other applicable law, be transferred to and used by us outside of Singapore. When personal data is collected by or transferred to us, it will be treated according to the privacy practices set forth in this Policy.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
3. We may collect certain types of personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we (and all our affiliates and subsidiaries and all relevant third parties as mentioned in this Policy) have or is likely to have access.
4. Personal data includes, without limitation, an individual’s name; address; telephone number(s); email addresses; date of birth; gender; nationality; marital status; passport number, date and place of issue; NRIC number; driver’s licence number and expiration; photographs and other audio-visual material; payment information; credit card numbers; preferred communication methods; and any other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may collect about you through your transactions with us and our affiliates and subsidiaries.
5. We may collect additional personal data about you that you knowingly and voluntarily provide in connection with certain activities at or transactions with us, such as participation in certain events. The additional information that we collect depends on the nature of the activity or transaction.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
6. We currently use and/or may in the future use the personal data of you for one or more of the following purposes set out below:
- to verify your identity;
- to process and respond to inquiries and/or feedback;
- to comply with a court order or other legal process or other statutory and/or regulatory requirements of any governmental and/or regulatory authorities;
- in exceptional circumstances, such as a national emergency, security concern;
- any other purpose permitted by the applicable laws of Singapore.
7. We will not use any personal data for the marketing purpose.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
8. We may share your personal data with and among other affiliates and subsidiaries, or with third parties including our third-party service providers and the relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad for the aforementioned purposes.
9. We may share anonymous or aggregate information among our affiliates and with third parties. Aggregate or anonymous information does not contain any personal data, and accordingly its use and disclosure is not subject to the terms of this Policy.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
10. In situations where we transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore, we shall take steps to ensure that appropriate levels of protection necessary to maintain the security and integrity of an individual’s personal data are in place.
11. If you do not want your personal data to be collected, used, and/or disclosed by us in the aforementioned manner, you may withdraw your consent via email to DPO@toshin.com.sg who shall direct you to fill in the relevant form(s) accordingly.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. You may request to access or correct (including update) your personal data via email to DPO@toshin.com.sg who shall direct you to fill in the relevant form(s) accordingly. Please note that subject to the PDPA, not all information that we have collected may be available for review.
13. Toshin uses reasonable precautions to protect its personal data and store it securely. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of an individual’s information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
14. For questions regarding this Policy, please email to DPO@toshin.com.sg.
CHANGES TO POLICY
15. We reserve the right to modify or change this Policy at any time. The effective date, as stated below, indicates the last time this Policy was materially revised.
Last updated on 22 March 2017