PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
(a) [takashimayasc.com.sg] is a site operated by Toshin Development Singapore Pte Ltd (“Toshin”, “we”, “us” or “our”). We are registered in Singapore under company number 198902637E and have our registered office at 391B, Orchard Road, #25-04/06, Singapore 238874.
- Changes to terms and site
(b) We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- Accessing our Site
(a) Access to our Site is made available free of charge.
(b) We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may, for any reason, suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice.
(c) We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by reason of your inability to access our Site at any time or for any period.
- Intellectual property rights -
- 4.1 Copyright
(a) The copyright in our Site is owned by us or its licensors.
(b) No part or parts hereof may be reproduced, distributed, adapted, modified, republished, displayed, broadcast, hyperlinked, framed or transmitted in any manner or by any means or stored in an information retrieval system without our prior written permission.
(c) Notwithstanding clause 4.1(b)(b), you may download and print the information, text, images, links, sound, graphics and video sequences displayed on our Site (the “Materials”) for personal, non-commercial use only provided you do not modify the Materials and you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in any parts of the Materials. You also may not, without our permission, insert a hyperlink to our Site on any other website or “mirror” any Material contained on our Site on any other server.
- 4.2 Trade marks
(a) The trade marks, service marks and logo (“Trade Marks”) used and displayed on this website are registered and unregistered Trade Marks of Toshin, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its licensors.
(b) Nothing on our Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any licence or right to use any of the Trade Marks displayed on our Site, without the written permission of Toshin.
(c) Toshin and its affiliates and subsidiaries enforce their intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. The name of Toshin, “Takashimaya Shopping Centre”, “Takashimaya S.C.” and “Takashimaya” or the Trade Marks may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to the distribution of materials on our Site, without prior written permission of Toshin.
(d) Toshin prohibits the use of the Trade Marks as a web link or hyperlink to any Toshin site or any other site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by Toshin in writing.
- Limitation of our liability
(a) To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
(b) We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- any system, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, delay in transmission, or computer virus; and
- any access, use or the inability to access or use our Site, or reliance on the materials and/or any information in our Site;
- any use of or access to any other website linked to our Site,
even if Toshin or its agents or employees are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses and/or expenses.
(c) Any hyperlinks to any other websites are not an endorsement or verification of such websites and such websites should only be accessed at your own risk. This exclusion clause shall take effect to the fullest extent permitted by law.
(a) We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. We will not be liable to you and any other party for any loss or damage arising out of any bugs or viruses originating from our Site.
(b) You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
(c) You must not carry out the following activities against our Site:
- misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- gain, or attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site; or
- attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- Third party links and resources on our Site
(a) Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and we make no representations, warranties or guarantees that the content contained therein is accurate, complete or up-to-date. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such third party content.
- Data Protection
(b) We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the collection, use, disclosure or any other kind of processing in relation to your personal data, if we have complied with our data protection obligations under applicable laws and regulations, including the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Act 26 of 2012).
- No Warranties
(a) Although we make reasonable efforts to update the content on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through our Site. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any content provided before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of any content on our Site.
- Waivers/Rights and Remedies
- No Third Party Rights
(b) The reference to a person, in this clause, includes any individual, company, corporation, firm, partnership, joint venture, association, organisation, trust, state or agency of a state (in each case, whether or not having separate legal personality).
- Use of Information Collected
(a) We may automatically collect certain information about you in connection with your visit(s) to our Site:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products or services you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page-interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
(b) Information which you provide to us may be used and disclosed by us and our affiliates and subsidiaries and third parties including our third-party service providers (who may be based outside Singapore) for the following purposes:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to process and respond to inquiries and/or feedback;
- to verify and process your personal particulars and payments;
- to communicate with you;
- to provide you with personalised content on our website;
- to protect and defend our rights or property or that of any of our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- for marketing research, user profile and statistical analysis to evaluate and improve the quality and content of our products and services;
- to comply with a court order or other legal process or other statutory and/or regulatory requirements of any governmental and/or regulatory authorities;
- in exceptional circumstances, such as a national emergency, security concern;
- any other purpose permitted by the applicable laws of Singapore.
(a) Toshin uses “cookies” to distinguish you from other users of our website. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
(b) Toshin may use an independent company (the “Independent Company") to measure and analyse the Internet usage on our Site. Toshin uses the Independent Company’s services to collect the following core information on the usage of our Site, including:
- The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our Site;
- The number of unique visitors to our Site;
- How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on our Site when they do visit; and
- Common entry and exit points into our Site.
(c) This information is collated by the Independent Company and provided to Toshin to assist in analysing the usage of our Site.
(d) Pages on our Site may be coded with software which enables the Independent Company and Toshin to track visitors to our Site.
- Contact us
(a) To contact us, please email to DPO@toshin.com.sg.
Last updated on 11 January 2016